We have a 2 year old!
Cooper is TWO today!
I can’t even believe it has been two years already with our crazy pup, but I wouldn’t trade it for a second.
When we got Cooper I was so ecstatic, growing up our family dog was a Golden Retriever and he was my best friend.
His name was Happy and he was the best dog ever, he loved everything about life and made life growing up together so fun.
He was a present to me when I was about 5 years old, when I found out my grandma had bought my sister a dog and not me it was the end of the world… until of course I got one too!
Happy was such a joy, he died in my arms a little short of my 18th birthday…
ANYWAYYYSSS…. We now have Cooper!
Don’t get me wrong Cooper is a great dog, but you know we all have those animals that can’t be replaced.
So that aside…
Cooper is TWO!
He has gone through a lot in the last year with living in a camper, living at my parents, and living in a new home. He has welcomed a new human and has enjoyed swimming a lot this past year.
He is wild and hyper, often mistaken for a puppy. He loves to get the mail from our mail lady (often dropping it as soon as she hands it to him just so he can get a treat from her), he chases his tail and most of the time his legs (weird I know), we have found him on tables and chairs (yes I said tables 😅), he thinks he is human. But he is ours and I couldn’t imagine life without our boy.
Usually Cooper gets a whole army of toys on his birthday, but this year things are a little different.
With all the craziness going on I haven’t made it to the pet store.
So I decided to make him a cake!
BONUS : HE LOVED IT!
The recipe is listed below 🤍
FOR THE CUPCAKE
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a round 6 inch pan (I used a glass dish so whatever you have works!).
- Stir flour, baking soda, baking powder, peanut butter, oil, applesauce, egg and honey. Pour into dish/pan. Bake 20-30 minutes, until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting!
- I used Coolwhip as my topping because let’s me honest.. why make whipped cream if you have it already 🤷🏽♀️
- Frost cake to your liking. I find it easiest to put the whipped cream in a plastic bag then cut a corner to put it on the cake.
- Lastly add toppings! Cooper loves his peanut butter cookies so I had to add those in the mix and some sprinkles just for fun!
Cooper enjoyed it so much!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBA!